2011年3月6日

Sleeping Asian in Library

I am an Asian, I have ever slept over the table in library. And I find it normal to sleep for a while if I get tired.

This is actually a very normal situaltion you can see a lot of people do in libraries in many countries in Asia. It is very common for Asian people to spend a lot of time in the library. Some of us even spend the whole day staying in the library. So we take a rest after a certain period of time.

However, I seldom see people do this in the U.S. American people usually come to the library only when they have things to do, like they have projects or assignments to finish. And they come, finish the work, and then leave. So basically they won’t sleep in the library.
This is another cultural difference between Asia and the U.S. Asian people spend more time per day on study while American people have a more “work hard, play harder” concept.

Recently I was googleing this topic on the internet and very surprisingly to find that actually a lot of American people are also very interested in this topic. So I got to find a lot of interesting and true pictures taken by them about sleeping Asian in library. I’d like to share some of them with you.

USC Orientation


Univesity of Michigan


Washington University at St. Louis

Whether from Asia or local, have you ever tried that? What do people around think about that?
Share/Bookmark

3 条评论: